Jowar Methi Thepla | Thepla is a traditional gujrati recipe that is usually eat with some pickle or raita. You can make these thepla for breakfast, snack, or tiffin box. Traditionally, thepla is made with wheat flour, gram flour(besan), salt, red chili powder, cumin seeds, curd, and flavored with dry and fresh methi leaves.
But today, we use jowar(sorghum flour) in place of besan. Jowar methi thepla is also very easy to make and tastes delicious with some curd or raita. Let’s make this…
Must try these recipes…
- Garlic Paratha Recipe | Paratha Recipe
- Chawal ka Paratha | Stuffed Paratha Recipe
- Pizza Paratha Recipe | Maggie Paratha
- Matar ka Paratha | Green peas paratha
- Malabar Paratha | Kerala Paratha Recipe
- Egg Paratha | How to make anda paratha
- Mooli Ka Paratha | Radish Paratha Recipe
- Dal Paratha/Chana Dal Paratha/Bengal Gram Stuffed Paratha
- 1 bowl fresh fenugreek leaves (not stems, only leaves)
- 1 bowl wheat flour
- 1 bowl jowar(sorghum)flour
- 3 to 4 tbsp ghee
- half tbsp slat
- half tbsp turmeric powder
- half tbsp cumin seeds
- half tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves
- water as required
- ghee for toasting
Jowar Thepla Recipe
Here, I am using sorghum from GRAMI superfoods. You can grind the whole jowar into a flour. Or use jowar flour.
Take a bowl. Add fresh chopped methi(1 bowl). Then, add 1 bowl wheat flour and 1 bowl jowar flour. Add 3 to 4 tbsp ghee.
Add salt, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, red chili powder, and dry fenugreek leaves. Add some water and knead a soft dough.
Then, take a small portion of dough and Sprinkle some flour. Roll it out into a circle. Then, cook the thepla from both sides for 1 minute on high flame.
Apply some ghee and toast it from both sides. Jowar methi thepla is ready. Make all of them like the same and enjoy it with some curd.