Matar ka paratha | How to make Matar paratha | Learn how to make matar ka paratha with step-by-step photos and video. Matar ka paratha is a healthy, delicious whole wheat flatbread recipe. it Is stuffed with cooked green peas with some spices. In this recipe, we are not going to use any garlic or onion. It takes only 15 to 20 minutes. You can make this paratha for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can also take them in the lunch box.
Here, I am sharing a very simple way to make this paratha. There are many ways to make this pea paratha. But this one is the simplest one. Always use fresh green peas for this recipe. in India, we make this paratha in winter because winter is the time when we get always fresh peas on the market. if it is not possible for you to use fresh peas, go with frozen peas.
Some other recipes from this blog…
- Mooli Ka Paratha | Radish Paratha Recipe
- टमाटर की चटनी |Roasted Tomato Chutney
- Chana Dal Pitha | How To Make Bihari Dal Pitha
- Dal Paratha/Chana Dal Paratha/Bengal Gram Stuffed Paratha
- Capsicum Curry Recipe |Capsicum Masala Curry
- Mix Vegetable Curry | Mix Veg Recipe
- Star bread | How to make Star Bread
- Hydrabadi Nizami Handi | How To Make Veg Handi
- Burger Recipe | How to make tawa Veggie Burger
- 2 cups of green peas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1/3rd tsp hing
- 2 tbsp crushed ginger and green chilies
- 1 and a half tbsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp red chili powder(optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice/chaat masala/dry mango powder
- Coriander leaves
For paratha dough
- 2 to 3 cups of wheat flour
- Some water for kneading
- Oil for toasting the paratha
How to make matar paratha?
First, take some whole wheat flour.
Gradually add water and knead a soft dough. Set it aside.
Now take a pan. Add some oil. Add cumin seeds, hing, crushed ginger, and chilies.
Sauté it for 10 to 15 seconds on medium flame. Then add peas. Mix well.
Add salt. Add turmeric, and cumin powder. mix well.
Cover the pan and cook them for 10 to 15 minutes on medium flame.
After that, turn off the heat and mash the peas well.
Now add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and green peas filling is ready.
Now take a medium size dough. Spread it into a small circle.
Add 2 tbsp of peas filling. Now seal the dough.
Again dust it with some dry flour. And roll the dough into a medium-sized circle.
Take a tawa. Heat it for 30 to 40 seconds on a high flame. Place the roti. cook it from both sides for 20 to 30 seconds.
Now spread some oil and toast the paratha from both sides until it turns golden in color. Make all of them like this.
Matar paratha is ready. Serve this paratha with butter, chutney, or any sauce.