The egg roll is the most popular street food in Kolkata. The egg roll is served hot. You can make perfect crisp and soft egg rolls at home. Watch the video to learn how to make perfect egg rolls. This one is my favorite egg roll filling in which I use capsicums, onions, chilies, cabbage, carrots. You can also use the meat for the filling.
What is an egg roll?
The egg roll is famous street food. It is made with eggs, fillings, and wrap. You can also fry them or make them like a roll. For this, we need a wrap. You can use a ready-made wrap or make them at home. After that, make some spicy filling for a wrap. Then use eggs and assemble them like a Kathi roll. Scroll down for the full recipe…
- 150 to 200 grams of refined flour/maida
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 to 5 tablespoon curd
- 15 ml oil
- 1 egg
- 15 to 20 ml milk
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon ginger, garlic(crushed)
- 4 to 5 green chilies
- 1 tomato
- 2 to 3 capsicum(sliced)
- 2 carrots(sliced)
- ½ cabbage(sliced)
- 1and ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon(cumin powder, coriander powder)
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon black salt
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 5 to 6 eggs for rolls
- Some oil
- Some chaat masala powder
- Some tomato ketchup
- some raw cabbage, carrot for garnishing
|Total time||40 minutes|
How to make wrap?
Take a bowl, add flour and all the ingredients mentioned above. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix well, grease with oil and leave it for 25 minutes.
How to make the egg rolls?
First chop all vegetables in slices. Store some cabbage and carrots for garnishing.
Take a pan, add oil. Then cook ginger garlic, onions, green chilies. Add salt, turmeric, black pepper. Add tomatoes . add all powdered spices.
Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame.
Then add all veggies and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame.
Now divide into small balls. Take a ball and roll it. Here I take lemon size ball.
Heat the griddle on high flame. Cook the wrap for 2 to 3 minutes from both sides.
Then whisk 1 egg for 1 roll.
Pour the egg over wrap. Spread well.
Then flip it. Add some oil and cook well on high to medium flame.
Make all of them like this.
Now take a roll and cooked veggies. Then add raw veggies.
Sprinkle chaat masala and pour some tomato ketchup. And roll it.
Egg roll is ready. Serve hot.
some other recipes…
- Maggi pizza | How to make pizza without an oven
- Pizza Recipe | Ricotta Pizza | Pizza Without an oven
- Raw Banana Cutlet | How To Make Vegan Patties
- Potato Sandwich Recipe | How To Make Potato Sandwich
- Potato Cutlet | Potato Stuffed Rava Cutlet | Veg Cutlet Recipe