Double decker sandwich | Veg cheese sandwich | Learn how to make veg cheese sandwich or I say double decker sandwich with step by step photos and video recipe. My double-decker sandwich is a multipurpose sandwich because you can make this for breakfast, lunch box, evening snack, or party snack.
And it takes only 10 to 15 minutes. Because we are using raw veggies, readymade sauce, and some cheese. But it tastes heavenly. You can grill this on tawa and melt the cheese on tawa. You can also skip the cheese if you do not want to add it. It totally depends on your choice. Serve the double-decker sandwich warm.
Some other snack recipes from this blog…
- Eggplant Pizza Recipe | Vegetable Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe | for beginners
- Tawa Pizza | Veg pizza without oven Recipe
- Chili Garlic Maggi | Maggi Noodles Recipe
- Potato Cheese Nuggets | Easy Snack Recipe
- Paneer Taco Roll | With Butter Masala Sauce
- Paneer Tikka Recipe | Tandoori Paneer Tikka
- Cheese Balls | With Magic Masala | Potato Cheese Balls
Ingredients (for 1 sandwich)
- 3 bread slices
- ½ chopped onions
- ½ chopped capsicum
- 3 slices of cucumber
- 3 slices of tomato
- 3 slices of capsicum
- 3 slices of onions
- 3 to 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp red chili sauce
- ½ tbsp red chili pickle/sez wan chutney
- Red chili powder
- Butter for toasting
How to make double decker veg cheese sandwich?
Chop some onions and capsicum into fine cubes. Then take some slices of cucumber, tomato, capsicum, and onions. Take some cheese. Here I used Amul processed cheese.
Now take a bowl. Add red chili sauce. Add tomato ketchup. Add red chili pickle/chutney. Mix well. The sauce is ready.
Take a bread slice. Spread some sauce. Place the sliced veggies.
Place another bread slice. Again spread some sauce.
Spread some chopped onions and capsicum.
Add some cheese. Sprinkle some red chili powder and oregano.
Cover it with a bread slice.
Now heat the tawa. Add some butter. Toast the bread from both sides.
Then add some cheese on the top. And cover it.
Cook it on low to medium flame until the cheese melts. That’s it.
Your delicious and cheesy double-decker sandwich is ready.