10-MINUTES eggless lemon curd recipe | Learn how to make eggless lemon curd with step-by-step photos and video. If you are looking for an eggless version. Try this super easy eggless lemon curd recipe. This lemon curd is buttery, sweet, and tangy in flavor and the texture of this curd is silky-smooth. You need only 10 minutes to make this delicious lemon curd.
Lemon curd is generally made with lemon juice, sugar, and egg yolks. But most of them (like me) are not liking the eggy flavor. So we can make this eggless lemon curd. You can make them on a stove top and it requires only 8 to 10 minutes.
The ingredients are very simple lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, milk, water, and corn starch. You just need to mix all the ingredients and cook until it turns thick. Then we have to add butter for a silky texture.
Some other recipes from this blog…
- Pineapple Upside-down Cake Recipe
- Apple Crumble | Apple Crisp Recipe
- Fruit Custard | Mix Fruit Custard Recipe
- Pistachio Kesar Custard | Instant Custard Recipe
- Strawberry Compote | Easy fruit compote
- Jamun Compote | Perfect Way To Store Jamun
- 5 tbsp lemon juice(2 medium sized lemon)
- 5 to 6 tbsp sugar(half bowl)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 50 ml water
- 130 ml milk
- 1 and a half tbsp corn starch/arrowroot
- 4 to 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
How to make lemon curd at home?
First, take a pot. Add lemon juice. Add sugar. Then add lemon zest.
Add water and milk. Add a pinch of salt. Add corn starch and 2 to 3 drops of yellow. You can also use arrowroot in place of corn starch.
Mix well. Now, stire it continuously and cook it on medium flame until it turns thick.
After that, add unsalted butter. Mix well and turn off the heat.
Leave it to cool down. You can keep this in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.