Bhindi masala | No onion no garlic recipe | Learn how to make bhindi masala with step-by-step photos and video. Bhindi masala is an Indian vegetarian dish that can be served with chawal dal, roti, or paratha. Bhindi masala is one of my favorite veggies and it is very simple to make.
Today I am sharing the no onion no garlic version of bhindi masala. And this one also tastes delicious. For bhindi masala, we need only a few ingredients like bhindi, mustard oil, tomato puree, and some Indian spices.
SOME VEGGIE RECIPES FROM THIS BLOG…
- Bhindi Dal | How to make bhindi dal
- kadhi Recipe | Pakora Kadhi recipe
- Bharwa karela | Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe
- Suran ki Sabzi | Yam Curry | Ol ki sabzi
- Mix Vegetable Curry | Mix Veg Recipe
- Methi Matar Malai | Restaurant style recipe
- Hydrabadi Nizami Handi | How To Make Veg Handi
- Matar Ke Chole Recipe | Matar Chole
- 600 grams of bhindi (okra)
- 6 to 7 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp hing
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ tbsp salt as per your taste
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp kitchen king masala from spice platter
HOW TO MAKE BHINDI MASALA?
First, wash the bhindi and cut them into medium size pieces. Chop all of them like this.
Now take a kadhai/pan. Add 4 to5 tbsp mustard oil. Heat the oil on a high flame, then add bhindi. Cook the bhindi for 10 to 15 minutes on high flame. When it is cooked remove it from the oil.
Now take the same pan or another, and add 2 to 3 tbsp mustard oil. Add cumin and hing. Sauté it for 5 to 10 seconds on high flame.
Then add tomato puree. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
After that add salt as per your taste. Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and dry fenugreek leaves. Then add some magic. Yes, it is the kitchen king masala from spicepaltter. It gives such an amazing taste and aroma to this bhindi masala.
Now cook the masala for 10 to 12 minutes on high to medium flame.
After that add cooked bhindi. Mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame. Turn off the heat.
Bhindi masala is ready to serv. Serve it with roti, naan, paratha, mango curd, and some salad.