This post guides you step by step details, how to make paneer at home. Yes, you can make this Indian cottage cheese at home and it is very easy to make. So, you should try this at home. From all the vegetarian dishes I love paneer a lot and I think you also loved it. I love the soft texture and freshness o homemade panner. If you tried it then you know that what is the difference between fresh and packed paneer. I learn this from my mom because she used this most of the time and one more thing which I am going to share with you that if you read my ghee recipe on that I tell you about how to make paneer from fresh buttermilk.
How To Make Paneer From Buttermilk?
Here, I will tell you how to make paneer with buttermilk. This method is also not so difficult. The process is just like making paneer from milk. Instead of using milk I use buttermilk and heat it, when it is boiling turn off the heat and add some either lemon juice or vinegar into buttermilk .after that stir it and milk starts curdling .now strain it with the help of cotton cloth and squeeze all water then press with some heavyweight and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. That’s it your buttermilk panner is ready and it tastes just like milk panner not a bit of difference you find in this. Both processes are the same, so you can use this for both types of making paneer. This is buttermilk shown in this picture. Make sure that only use fresh buttermilk for this paneer recipe as I suggest in my ghee recipe. you can check that from here.
What Is Paneer?
This is widely used in Indian cuisine. A lot of dishes like paneer butter masala, malai kofta, paneer chili, Kadai paneer, paneer kulcha is made with paneer. This is the hero ingredient of these dishes. You just need 2 ingredients for making paneer milk and acidic food. this is easy to make, not so difficult as you think.
Tips for perfect paneer all the time
- Always use full-fat milk like buffalo milk or cow milk. For the soft and tender texture because full-fat milk gives you a good amount of paneer. Don’t use skinned milk for this.
- Use lemon juice or vinegar for curdling milk.there is on a standard amount of acidic ingredient, you can use the amount as you need for your milk. this depends on the curdling of milk.
- Don’t press for a long time because it hardens your paneer. That’s why press for only 15 to 20 minutes. Then cut it into pieces and store it into an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- 1-liter milk( or as you want)
- ½ to 1 lemon juice for 1 liter( or 5 to 6 tablespoon vinegar )
Making paneer starts with milk then take a pan boil milk on medium flame. Occasionally, stir it unless it sticks with the bottom.
When milk is boiling take off from the heat.
Then pour either lemon juice or vinegar.
Wait for 20 seconds, now you can see that milk starts curdling.
When cheese separates from milk completely then strain it in cotton cloth. And squished it and press with some weights for 10 to 15 minutes. And store it in an airtight container or you can use freshly in any dish.